February 19, 2012

Hello Again

Well this time it certainly has been a long time. Happy New Year!!! The winter here in Chicago is surprisingly unbrutal so far. We've seen more 40+ degree days then I remember in a long time but I know we still have a while to go. But still it is close to the end of February.

Last year was kind of a frustruating year writing wise. After all the work I put into Bar Time my usb hard drive bit the dust so I lost it all. However, I did start over and this time I did a lot of work in notebooks and I found that I enjoyed it. I would sit outside in the nice weather with a glass of wine and work where it was quiet. I just now started entering some of it in the computer and this time I'm going to figure out how to save it online. I just got a Google account so that will probably the route I take.That way if the computer or anything else crashes I will have it.

I didn't make it to the Midwest Writer's Workshop last year either. Money was tight and we decided that we just couldn't afford. I am going to make some budget changes this year though and am going to try to find another job. I haven't quite decided what I am looking for though yet. I would like to find something that will still allow me to work at my present job because I like who I work for and with if possible. I would love to find something that would allow me to work from home. That would just mean getting up earlier on the weekends. This year is really going to have to be the year for me to get my priorities straight.

I know the last time I posted I wrote that I wasn't going to say that I was going to post a lot more but this time I know I am going to post a lot more. I am going to promise myself that.

Good day and good writing!
Patti


No comments: