September 15, 2009

A Little Sad Today

Hello all,

Tomorrow is the fifth anniversary of my mother's death. The hurt stings a little less every year but I still miss her. She wasn't just my mother, she was my best-friend. She was a woman who loved to have fun and I know she loved my brother and I with all of her heart. I'm sitting outside my childhood home and writing this. This backyard is filled with so many memories of summer bbq's and wading pools. Now my step-grandkids are enjoying it. They are also going to the same school that I had went to for grade school and that my father had gone to. They are just starting so I don't believe they will graduate from Lindop but I still think it is kind of neat that they are going to the same school that I went to.

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze. I think Ghost was my favorite of all of his movies. It made me start questioning things and I have to say was sort of an inspiration for my books. Plus, I loved the scene with the clay! He was so sexy in that scene. Dirty Dancing would have to be my second favorite by him. Then there was The Beast. I work part time at a bar in Cicero, IL. He was filming The Beast in the apartment above the bar last year on my birthday but I was at the Cubs game during a tornado. Go figure. I could have at least seen him but I probably would have been able to meet him. Two of my friends talked to him. My hand made an appearance in The Beast a couple of months later though. That was a neat experience. I had really hoped that Patrick would have been able to do another season. He was a great actor and I wish his wife the best. I know how she must be hurting right now.

Well, I guess it is time to buckle down and do some writing. I'm still struggling with where I want to go with the new book. I still haven't heard from the agent. I am debating on emailing her to make sure that she got my submission. It's been around a month since I sent it in. I'll give it another week. I'm still thinking about some more revisions on it so if it is a rejection I might sit on it for a while longer before sending it to anyone else.

Good night and good writing.
Patti

No comments: