January 17, 2009

The New Year (a little late)

Happy New Year!

I guess it's not too late to say that.

Well, maybe it is.

Okay, Happy January 17th.

This year I didn't make any resolutions, I set goals for myself. I want to write more, read more, and try to get my house organized once and for all. I'm going to send my book off again soon (next week if not this weekend) so hopefully I can be on the way to publication sometime in the near future (wishful thinking).

I am in the process of rewriting my next book and I forgot what an interesting process it is to rewrite a nano. I am finding a lot of holes in the plot and I've only made it to the second chapter! This time I am writing a synopsis as I go along so that I know what I've written in previous chapters so that I don't get thoroughly confused at the end. When I write nano I start with an idea in my head and work around it. I tried seriously plotting one year and I just got bored. I like the feeling of letting the characters lead the way. The problem with that is when I go to rewrite I have to rewrite a whole lot but I guess that is what nano is all about. At least I have a working first draft. This time around I am also coming up with a lot of new ideas for new directions for the book to take.

So, this is my plan: Find an agent for Chain Reaction, finish rewriting my nano, have a new book started by spring and of course go for nano in November.

I'll keep you posted. Good Nite and Good Write. (it's not actually night but it sounded good.)
Patti

No comments: